Natural links in PromoPult
What are natural links?
Natural links are links that site owners or their visitors install at their own request. Links serve as recommendations for site users. The main distinguishing features of such links are traffic of the interested audience, close topicality of the donor and acceptor, and the relevance of using the link anchor. They look like this:
Why do I need to get them?
Search engines are extremely positive about such links, they work perfectly to improve the position of promoted sites. A significant bonus from such links, in addition to improving search visibility, is an increase in traffic and sales on the site. Natural links are classic ads (such as contextual ads) for the products and services that you sell since you place them on sites with the desired audience. Below is a screenshot from Yandex. Metrica that shows link traffic.
To get natural links, there are two difficulties: selecting sites for placement and agreeing with the webmaster to place the link. Let’s take a closer look at how to solve these problems.
How do I find ad platforms for getting links?
The first challenge faced by small business owners and search engine optimizers is finding sites where you can post information about your company and get traffic from there to the interested audience.
In reality, everything is simple — this information is provided to us by the search engines themselves. Placing links on pages that are at the top of search engines for keywords that are relevant to you will bring the desired result.:
- The pages found definitely have search traffic and can be predicted.
- Potential donors are not under search engine filters, as they are well ranked.
- Placing links on the pages will bring you the necessary traffic and an interested audience.
For a core of 150 queries, you get about 1000 potential sites of the highest quality for placing links!
The list is ready. How do I get links?
This is the second difficulty and the main rule here is not to be lazy. You need to communicate and negotiate with webmasters. The task can be divided into two conditional stages::
- Mark up the site’s tone in relation to your site. It is quite obvious that your direct competitor’s site will not post a link to your resource, even if you pay them well. But you can negotiate with an information site and organically implant a link in an article quite easily and often for free.
- Find the webmaster’s contacts and write a letter asking for cooperation. According to our statistics, only 6% of questions remain unanswered, the rest are ready to discuss the placement. It is important to figure out how to implant a link in an existing article and offer it to the webmaster. And agree on the cost of accommodation, of course.
Figure 3. Example of adding a paragraph of text with a link to an existing article.
Why do you need our tool?
To automate each stage of working with natural links. Starting with collecting ad platforms with detailed statistics on which you need to place ads, and ending with analytics and monitoring information based on placed links. Let’s go through the steps.
Step 1. Select queries and estimate the cost of the module.
The system automatically selects relevant queries for you. You can also import from SEO and contextual projects and manually enter words.
The system calculates the recommended budget by selecting the most frequently used words. You can manage your budget: the more words you check, the larger the selection of sites available to you.
Step 2. Ad platforms working table.
After launching the project, SeoPult will show you the sites that have the maximum search visibility for the launched words. Getting links on these sites is your top priority.
The working table shows the sites and pages that were found, the number of links to your resource, the keywords that were used to find ad platforms, and the traffic forecast from the search for these words. This forecast shows the importance of placing a link on the site. Information in the table for work projects is checked automatically on a daily basis.
Step 3. Statuses and working with ad platforms.
Statuses are required for working with ad platforms. You will be able to sort by them, check the work done, and track the results in the form of position growth and search traffic.
- Red. A site where the link cannot be placed. Commercial sites, competitors, and search engine sites.
- Yellow. Ad platforms that you are already working on (you have contacted webmasters, are considering placement, or are bidding).
- Green. Ad platforms that you have completed working with — the link was placed.
After launching, you can start the main work — go to each site and communicate with the webmaster about placing links. To display the most relevant ad platform pages, click on ” + ” to see all the pages that were found in the top rankings:
YOU NEED TO SOLVE SEVERAL PROBLEMS:
- Think about whether the site’s webmaster will want to post a link to your resource for a fee or for free? If this is a competing site, feel free to set the red status and move on to the next site. If this is an information resource, look for contacts and contact the ad platform.
- Figure out how to implant an ad for your product on the page. The easiest way is a small paragraph of text with a link to your site. You can ask the webmaster to modify the article for your product — the advertising effect will be better, but it will be more difficult to negotiate.
- You need to find contact information on the site and contact the webmaster. It is better not to offer your own price for placement, but to hear it from the webmaster. In any case, don’t hesitate to bargain.
- If you tried to contact Yandex. webmaster — set the yellow status “in progress” and add a comment about the work done. Go to the next ad platform.
- The link is posted, great! Set the green status and move on to the next ad platform.
Step 4. Monitoring
SeoPult will re-shoot the tops on a daily basis, update the list of ad platforms and their parameters. We also solve the problem of monitoring already placed links and show possible link attributes. For example, if the webmaster has hidden the link in index, nofollow, or set the link via a redirect.
- Getting a natural link mass is the most important foundation for successful promotion in the future.
- Sites with natural links are much less susceptible to position fluctuations due to changes in search engine algorithms.
- Placing natural links leads not only to an increase in positions but also to receiving additional conversion traffic to your site.